Monday, 8 December 2008

I'd completely forgotten...

...that I started this blog. And now I have no idea what I'll do with it.

I'm sorta on holiday. That is to say I have no work to do at the moment, so I'm making the most of it and frantically trying to get all my xmas knitting/crocheting done before the day. And I'm nearly there.

My big boy is away on school camp, and it's really quiet here without him. It's funny, cos it's my little boy who's the noisy one. Life will be back to normal in 3 days when he gets back, and for now I'll enjoy the peace.

I've decided we'll put the xmas tree up when he gets back. We don't put anything underneath it until xmas eve night (nosy little people kinda spoil their own surprises) and then little one thinks that Santa did the big delivery when he wakes up in the morning. It's kinda cute, really.

I've put my name in for the next scarf exchange on Ravelry. I did the last one, and had mixed feelings about it. The person who made for me didn't even wait to find out who she was making for, so had no idea of my tastes. It seemed that very little thought went into the parcel I received, completely opposite to what I sent out. The receiver of the package I sent out never even told me if she'd got it, so that was hugely disappointing. But I got to be an "angel" and sent another package out to someone who didn't get anything, and she was lovely - very appreciative. It was nice to get to know a little about her and her wee family in another corner of the world.

Anyhow... enough waffling for one day. I'm looking forward to posting pics of the gifts I've made, but will wait until later, in case someone I know actually reads this!

No comments: